It’s party time. Big White House on the Hill is one years old.
I totally did not know what to expect when I began on this adventure. My mother-in-law Mary Kay had asked me to run around the house, take pictures and send them to her. The emails that went back and forth made absolutely no sense. There had to be a better way.
I few years back, I’d mentioned to a friend at an ice cream social that I wanted to get back into writing. The next time we met, she asked how it was going, and I’d had to admit I’d done nothing. Perhaps a blog would give me a creative outlet for my writing and help Mary Kay figure out what was going on around here.
The last year has brought its ups and downs. Some weeks, I’ve pouted because numbers were low, and I refused to post anything. Writers can be temperamental you know. All in all, my silly blog has kept me motivated to complete projects rather than just dream them up, it has helped us catalog all the work we’ve done around here, and I’ve been able to share some of the beauty of this place with you. I’ve enjoyed reconnecting with old friends, and keeping closer contact with family. I was surprised to find I have more followers I don’t know than followers I do.
Here are some facts and figures.
- As of 2/27 at 9 pm, I’ve had 7,075 views.
- Top posts are Things that Make You Smile with 157 views and Adding Some Softness with 140, although Bling Baby is already in the top 10 with 60 view yesterday.
- Top day ever was 173 views on a totally normal day in August.
- The top month is this one with 865 views with a few hours left. It just edged out May, the month I added my posts to Facebook.
- My top commenter is Mary Kay with 115 comments–I guess the blog is more informative than random photos.
- My college friend Lori is in second with 43. I do love to hear from Lori and from all of you. Sorry to all those friends who comment via Facebook–I don’t keep track of those numbers.
- The most popular topics I’ve written about are the great room closely followed by dogs. It’s not that I write a lot about Bogart and Cocoa, they just seem to wander into all my photos.
- I’ve shared 144 posts in the last 12 months.
- 51 people have chosen to follow my blog plus the 155 who hop on over from Facebook.
- A shout out to my sister-in-law Morene for being the first person to follow my blog and to my friend Sandy for being the second.
If you’ve missed out on the last 12 months, here are some of the highlights.
And we’ve sat back and enjoyed the ever-changing view.
I don’t know how long this adventure will last, but I’m enjoying this season of life with my family friends. Thank you Sweet Miss and Baby Girl for putting up with all my crazy requests and your willingness to be my models. Thank you MR for all the work you do around this place. While you don’t want to be in the photos, you’re always willing to lend a helping hand.
It’s been a good year. Thank you for being a part of life at the Big (Almost) White House on the Hill.