It’s official my friends, I’ve read the signs and spring is here.
- We’ve celebrated Baby Girl’s birthday.
- Our lovely Sweet Miss is home for spring break.
- We spent a sunny afternoon on the deck that started off without turning on the heater or grabbing a blanket.
- Temps are headed towards the mid-60’s today.
- The dogs are chasing deer almost every morning.
- The bulbs are in bloom.
- And Baby Girl headed off to school in cute little sundress with a flippy skirt.
While I love all these signs of spring, there’s another that speaks of hope and the promise of wonderful things to come. Springtime has reached the orchard, and so far the fencing has kept the deer away.
The nectarine tree is covered in beautiful, pink blossoms, and the plumcot and one of the plums are showered in white. The Rescue pear sports fat buds just waiting to burst. I’m certain the apples and the other trees won’t be far behind. The MR fertilized the orchard a few weeks back, and I’ve been mending the fence as needed.
So this year, I’m hoping for sunny weather, lots of bees at just the right time, no late frosts, no deer damage, and a lovely harvest. Last year, we picked two apples, so I’m optimistic–this year is bound to be better.
I love the hope of early Spring.
What’s in bloom at your house?